We are pleased to announce a seminar by Prof. Minoru Tanaka.
* Title: Neutrino Physics with Atomic/Molecular Processes
* Speaker: Minoru Tanaka(KEK)
* Date: 3:00 pm, June 8 2016
* Place: CTPU Seminar Room, KAIST Munji Campus
* Abstract: The energy scale of atomic or molecular transitions is of order eV or less, which is closer to the neutrino mass scale suggested by the neutrino oscillation experiments. In this talk, I propose a new approach to clarify unknown properties of neutrinos using atomic or molecular processes. After introducing the relevant process, radiative emission of neutrino pair (RENP), I explain the macrocoherent ampliﬁcation that is necessary to observe RENP. I also mention the possibility to detect the cosmic neutrino background with RENP. In addition some experimental results that exhibit the macrocoherent ampliﬁcation in a QED process are described.
We look forward to your participation in the seminar.