We are pleased to announce a seminar by Prof. Jure Zupan.
* Title: Renormalization group effects in direct dark matter detection
* Speaker: Jure Zupan(University of Cincinnati)
* Date: 2:00 pm, April 22 2016
* Place: CTPU Seminar Room, KAIST Munji Campus
* Abstract: In order to connect indirect detection and direct dark matter detection constraints one needs to relate physics at the scale of dark matter mass to the QCD scale. For heavy dark matter, of order electroweak scale or heavier, the two scales are well separated. In the talk I will focus on effective field theory description of the DM interacting with the SM, including dimension 5 and 6 operators, the RG running from the heavy scale to QCD scale, including the matchings to a set of nonperturbative effective theories.
We look forward to your participation in the seminar.