We are pleased to announce an additional seminar by Dr. Kyu Jung Bae.
* Title: Searching for physics beyond the standard model
* Speaker: Kyu Jung Bae(University of Tokyo)
* Date: 4:00 PM, April 14 2016
* Place: CTPU Seminar Room, KAIST Munji Campus
* Abstract: Recent Higgs discovery has completed the standard model of particle physics. Although the standard model has been verified by many tests, there are a number of phenomena that cannot be explained by the standard model. Therefore, new physics is expected to be seen in the future experiments. In this talk, I will present two approaches to build new physics models. The one is supersymmetric models which are motivated by the gauge hierarchy problem. The other one is a simple extension for a recently observed diphoton anomaly. For supersymmetric models, I will discuss dark matter, baryogenesis and LHC/ILC precision measurements. For a diphoton anomaly, on the other hand, I will discuss an implication on UV physics and indirect signals. In the last part, the future prospect is also presented.
We look forward to your participation in the seminar.