We are pleased to announce a seminar by Prof. Eun-Joo Ahn
* Title : Nature of the most energetic particles in the universe
* Speaker : Eun-Joo Ahn(UC Santa Barbara)
* Date : 3:00 pm, Aug 10 2016
* Place : CTPU Seminar Room, KAIST Munji Campus
* Abstract : Cosmic rays have now been observed for over a century. However, the nature and origin of the most energetic cosmic rays still remain a mystery. Progress have been made from many directions which have started to yield answers to the original questions as well as bringing up unexpected new questions. The Pierre Auger Observatory, located in Argentina, is currently the world's largest detector of ultra high energy cosmic rays. With unprecedented amount of data collected, the Auger Observatory is shedding light to questions on what these cosmic rays are. I will discuss the impact of the recent results on composition and its role in the multi-messenger endeavor to comprehend the nature of the most energetic particles.
We look forward to your participation in the seminar.